Friday, May 18, 2012

Random thoughts that keep me up at night.

Tip of the hat to DerpinaDurr

  • Just read this week's issue of Sports Illustrated on Eric Hosmer.  We were at the K for five of his 0-for-7 at bats Wednesday night.  Time to send him to Omaha to get his head back on straight before he is completely demolished emotionally.
  • Finally over the collapse of the Memphis Grizzlies AT HOME in GAME SEVEN against the Clippers.  Sorta.
  • Feeling positive about our (41 Action News) chances to regain 2nd place at 5pm.  One week to go in the May book.  Ahhhh.
  • Haven't watched any hockey since Charlie left and that's okay.
  • I'm a judge for National Murrows and that will consume this weekend.
  • Wondering when John and I will get a trip to South Dakota in.  I miss my family.
  • Pulled a knife out of it's home in the wooden block too quickly tonight, lost the grip.  It flipped and  slightly sliced my wrist.  Wonder if that's a sign.  Ha!
  • Seven of my 21-pack of Royals tickets have been used.  None of those games have been winners.
  • Looking forward to the Chiefs season.  I get a jersey with any name, any number on it.  But they only allow for nine spaces/letters.  Awaiting permission from the front office to add two spaces to my "free" jersey as a season ticket holder.  I want the number to be 41 and the name to be Action News.  That could help me behave at the games.  Could.
  • Got a message to call my doctor on Monday.  Four days later, I'm still trying to remember to do this during business hours.
  • Not missing Charlie as much as I thought I would.  I'm very happy that he's so happy.
  • My "farm" is growing nicely.  I've already harvested leaf lettuce.  Garlic, tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers, all in pots, are thriving.
  • Thinking about Carly's upcoming we're-just-friends weekend with her former-boyfriend-Dusty-who-I-still-like.  Sorry Bebob, that's an overshare.
  • Hope the Clippers lose in four to the Spurs.
  • Playing five games at once of Words With Friends is awesome.
  • Glad my Ford 500 is finally paid off.
  • Sad I still smoke three cigarettes per day.
  • Wish I could beat John at Gin Rummy more often.  He gloats.  Wish I could play the most formidable opponent ever, John's dad, even more.  We lost Bill almost a decade ago and I miss him.  He didn't gloat.
  • Thrilled about my management team at work which is finally fully staffed.
  • Still want a dog.
  • Wish the Twins were better.
  • It's been one year since we moved to South Kansas City and I love living here.
  • John organized my side of the closet and did a really good job.  I still haven't thanked him.  I need to.
  • Glad the Yankees aren't very good.
  • Need more sleep.

No comments: