I wasn't alone. The ratings for ABC were the largest for a soccer game since 1994. Nearly 13 million households. And almost everybody I know watched the match in a bar, not at home, as I did. (I am getting boring in my old age!)
"Since Thursday, fans have consumed more than one million hours of World Cup content on ESPN3.com, ESPN’s signature broadband network, which is available in 50 million homes."The draw is made even more amazing to me as we await word of Tim Howard's ribs. Broken? Not?
Here in Kansas City, KMBC has to be happy. The game garnered a 10.3 rating and averaged a 22 share. Not too shabby.
By the way, I DO NOT AGREE that vuvuzelas should be banned, as this Gawker article suggests. I've been watching soccer for almost twenty years and truly, the buzz becomes background noise after awhile. I don't even hear it anymore.
Maybe that's another sign of my advanced age....


No comments:
Post a Comment