I'm sad that when John and I retire, we can't really follow it from Chicago to L-A.
We think we have enough relatives so that with our (still to be purchased) mobile home of some sort (I'm still saying a 5th wheel, John thinks more like a Winnebago) we can spread ourselves out with the sisters, brothers, cousins and friends so we can see the remaining parts of North America that have eluded us through the job changes since we started moving around in 1990.
I don't blame him, even though I haven't had a car-to-car incursion since...welll....Christmas Eve, 2009 when the snow was falling heavily in KC and some youngster slid into me from behind. Not my fault!
Anyway, I am so darn lucky to have great parents who loved us a lot, provided for us every day and taught us all the value of hard work. My sister Paula says that if you want a job done, just make sure there's a farmer's daughter on the team. We don't know when to quit.
I hope you are lucky enough to still have your dad with you. I pray that as we honor dads this weekend, you can thank your father in person.
And if we still know each other in twelve years, can we park in your driveway for a few days?

No comments:
Post a Comment