Sunday, March 14, 2010

Me. On a Diet.

I read this today about Rex Ryan getting the lap-band surgery.  And this about Weight WatchersAnd this about how I can blame genetics for my "bigness."

See?  I can hardly write the word obese.  It's an ugly word, especially when spit out like a nasty taste by the little cartoon trainer on my Wii Fit machine.

(sigh)

I've been overweight for most of my adult life.  The only time not was during the post-divorce days in the mid-80s.  Since then it's been one diet after another.  I'd lose a little and then, eventually, gain back more.  Classic yo-yo.

I'm now under a doctor's care and following the diet she recommends.  Aside from a daily sublingual dose of HCG it's mostly protein -- steak and/or chicken and veggies.  No starch, no sugar.  No wine.  And no whining.

I started the plan when I was in South Dakota last weekend and I'm doing this for the people you see in the picture.  Mostly, it's for the one right in the middle.  Me.

/p

1 comment:

Kay said...

Hi Peggy,

If I can do it, you can do it. It's not easy, but you will feel so great!
Good luck and hang in there.

Love,
Kay