We survived our first week off the Olympics teat and I'll be happy if our performance is indicative of the future. We remained competitive in the early evening and late newscasts (number one last night at 10pm!). We have work to do in the morning but I know once the team is complete on both sides of the camera, we will be on our way.
Friday was Craig Allison's last day. I can truthfully say he is one of the most thoughtful General Managers I've ever worked with and I will miss him greatly. I'm excited, though, for the future because our new boss is definitely engaged in the battle at hand.
KCTV is advertising for a "sportscaster." What an old-fashioned term! Remember when the former sports director for KCTV was on the cover of "The Communicator" in a story about how sportscasts didn't drive viewers etc etc?
From where I sit, the other stations in Kansas City have ceded sports to us. We were the only broadcast outlet to send a crew to Surprise, AZ for Royals spring training. That shocked me, given the performance of Zach Greinke and Billy Butler.
It's ok if they try to catch up.


No comments:
Post a Comment