Friday, January 15, 2010

Dear NBC: Seriously, Who is Making These Decisions?

The late-night unraveling continues between Leno and Conan and after last night's Ten at Ten between Leno and Kimmel, I am more confounded than ever. I'm not a giant Leno fan, I've always been more attuned to Letterman's humor but after his shenanigans with the young co-workers, I don't even watch Dave all that much.

This segment Thursday night, however, may be the worst smackdown I've ever seen:
http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/15/jay-leno-jimmy-kimmel-tonight-show-video/

Why, NBC, why would you allow the late night guy from a rival network to use a potato peeler to skin Jay Leno alive in front of...hundreds of Kansas City viewers? OK, maybe a couple thousand. The last quarter hour of Leno got a 3.9 rating, 5.6 share.

In other final-quarter-hour-before-the-late-news news, KMBC with Private Practice enjoyed a 19 share. The Mentalist on KCTV, a 17 share. And news on WDAF received an 8.4 share.

No comments: