I love KC, I really do. I could easily create a list of a hundred things I love about Kansas City but it's hard, hard, hard to love the football team. John and I went to one game (when they were anniliated by the Giants) and the most entertaining thing was how KC football fans finish off our national anthem:
Y'all know I'm sports crazy. High school, college, pro. Basketball, football, soccer, boxing (sometimes), softball, NASCAR (sorta) and especially BASEBALL. Go Twins.
I realize I'm pretty mainstream (don't like the fights in a cage, for instance). That's how I roll.
Last year at this time, the Ravens, with a new head coach and a rookie QB, were capturing the hearts and minds of Baltimore. Gosh it was fun.
If you didn't wear purple clothes to work on the Friday before a game, you were a turd. Here, I wore a red blouse on Monday and was taunted (in fun) as being a homer.
In Baltimore, if you needed to go to Wegmans, go during the Ravens game. The place would be a ghost town. Here, the mall and grocery store parking lots do not seem to be impacted by Chiefs football.
Chiefs fans say they are the best fans in the world. I don't doubt it. There just aren't very many of them right now.
And then there's Larry Johnson. A real stellar guy who calls out his coach on Twitter and says he didn't know that the word "faggot" is offensive.
It's not very pretty. However, I'd still love to see a win over Jacksonville today!
Go Chiefs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment