Sunday, February 10, 2013

I checked with Alfred E. Newman...

...he said the black spy really does hate the white spy.

And vice versa.

That was my first reaction when I saw Steve Schwaid's Facebook post about the reporter who debunked something from The Onion.

WTF? I wrongly assumed that the reporter was a youngster fresh out of college.

Nope, according to her online bio, she has more than six years experience. It goes on to say that when she's away from the newsroom she spends time with family, friends and her dog. May I kindly suggest she do a bit of reading?

And where oh where was her manager? Did someone assign this story to her? Or did she go rogue, investigate the proposal that the United States sever ties to the state of Alabama, determine the truth and take it upon herself to expose herself and her newsroom to ridicule on social media?

Tsk tsk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"In over 240 years of journalism, The Onion has never made a mistake in its reporting, and we regret to hear that Hill+Knowlton is publicly reneging on their prior statement. The Onion suggests that, in the future, Hill+Knowlton consider hiring a PR firm to help them navigate situations such as this one."

Hilarious