Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A dozen things I like on 12-12-12




  1. My husband.  He's in KC, I'm in Miami.  I miss him.  He'll be here before Christmas.
  2. My new job.  It's challenging and fun.
  3. The condo John found.  It's about 15 miles from the station but the commute is a breeze when I go to work and not too bad when I come home.  We will live here for at least the next three months.
  4. Living in a big city again.  The energy is contagious!
  5. Walking on the beach.  The peace is unmatched!
  6. The news.  There's lots of it and I have to make decisions that stretch muscles I haven't used in awhile.
  7. Reconnecting with old friends.  It's been almost twenty years since we lived here but many of our pals are still here.  I went to a fabulous Christmas party last week...
  8. How easy it is to get a taxi.  And relatively inexpensive.  Just go to the curb and wave. 
  9. New sports teams!  Dolphins, Panthers, Heat, Hurricanes and more.  Surprisingly there isn't an MLS team but hopefully that will change so I can see Sporting Kansas City again.
  10. The Publix at 69th and Collins.  It almost, ALMOST makes me forget about Wegmans.  Love the shopping cart escalator.
  11. Impatient drivers.  Everyone here is in a hurry.  Definition of a split second?  The time it takes for the light to turn green and the guy/gal behind you to honk their horn.
  12. Oye!  Learning Spanish by immersion.  

1 comment:

Patrish said...

gonna have to cheer against you when Miami plays the Bucs. and the Rays. and the Lightning. you're on my turf now, sister!

~pnc