I haven't blogged in weeks. On purpose. I felt like I needed to stay low during the most intense time of my job search. I took some trips, spent endless hours on the telephone and watched hours of newscasts from markets far and wide.
But it was a Facebook message from my former co-worker that put me on the right path.
"Know any morning Executive Producers?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some things that I've wanted to blog about but didn't:
- The News Director in Wisconsin who allowed his anchor to use four precious minutes of air time to recriminate a viewer who wrote a critical message about her appearance. Jennifer Livingston called the viewer a bully. What?! Seriously bad.
- Cable TV is ridiculously expensive. I have had too much time on my hands but I haven't necessarily watched more television. I have written the checks to Time Warner, though. Bring on 4G wireless!
- Never watch the show "Doomsday Preppers" right before going to bed unless you want to dream of the zombie apocalypse all darn night.
- The Kansas City Chiefs are the Worst. Team. Ever. I attended my final home game as a season ticket holder last week. I wore black. I foolishly hoped that they would win, up until midway through the third quarter. Fire them all. And some twice.
- The television station in Denver that accidentally used a spoof shot of the Petraeus bio grabbed from the internet...SMH. Credibility is precious. Somebody should get suspended.
- I cooked and baked quite a bit during my extended vacation from work. And I wondered about things. Like...who first decided to separate eggs and beat the hell out of the whites to form stiff peaks? Can you imagine how long that would take if done by hand?
There's more but this is a start. Right now I'm working on my "100 Things I'll Miss About Kansas City" list. I'll post that within the next ten days.


1 comment:
Congratulations Peggy! Miami is lucky to have you. Best of luck!
- Megan Pringle
Post a Comment