Jerry was the main anchor of KJRH's newscasts for many years. His editorial on the night of the attack on the Murrah Building is legendary. He talked about the pride of the people under incredible stress, about their perseverance, about their courage.
I was recently contacted by a former KJRH colleague regarding a copy of the words by Jerry, now-deceased, uttered during our late news on April 19, sixteen years ago.
On my desk to this day is a piece of the building. I can't remember who brought it to me but I keep it as a constant reminder of one of the biggest stories of my career. I've looked and I can't find the video of Jerry's words, sadly.
My thoughts on this day always go to the news team in Tulsa, Oklahoma on that horrible day in April 1995. The incredible work of our co-workers. The stories that were never fully told. The right decisions. The mistakes I made. I will never forget.
Oklahoma City Remembers Terrorist Attack, 16 Years Later
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment