Friday, May 07, 2010

Things I think I think (tip of the hat to SI's Peter King)

Just like clouds are different, this post will be a mish-mash--a bit of a salad.  Some lettuce, some cucumbers, a handful of edamame, 3.5 ounces of boiled chicken and of course, the hottest sauce I can find with my fat-free, sugar-free, taste-devoid Ranch dressing...I eat it almost every day for lunch.
  • My diet is about to enter the third month and I'm pleased to say that I've lost 30 pounds since it began on March 8.  Yes, I miss bread and potatoes but since some folks now mention that I look like I've lost a few -- that keeps me going!  And I feel great!  And so it continues...45 lbs to go.
  • My manager hires are complete.  Brooke Givens (formerly Senior Producer, 5pm) is the new morning EP.  LaQunta Dixon (formerly Deuce at WHAS, Louisville) is the new evening EP.  Brett Akagi (formerly Senior Video Producer at Star Trib in Minneapolis) is the new Assistant News Director. 
  • It's been too long since I've seen Charlie.  He'll be here at the end of the month and I can hardly wait.
  • WTF with the stock market today?  We were busy with the serial rape suspect so I didn't know about the loss until it was moving back up again.   From the NY TimesThe near-instantaneous swings left brokers dumbfounded. Dermott W. Clancy, who runs a New York Stock Exchange broker, said Thursday was one of the five worst days he has seen in 24 years in the business. When the market dropped across all indexes in a matter of minutes, customers were calling him nonstop. Was it really the cause and effect of a misplaced letter in an order?  (A B instead of an M).  What happens to that guy/gal?  Do they at least get a verbal warning? 
  • Man U is coming to KC!  Freaking awesome.  I missed the "friendly" in Baltimore last year even though I had tickets because we moved here.  God, I hope THAT doesn't happen again.
  • That's all.  There's more but it's bedtime.

No comments: