Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Is blogging too old school?

Funny thing about "typing right into the internet." Once you have a taste, it's a hard habit to break.

Instead of blogging, for the past three-plus years, I've kept a journal. On paper. I carry the book throughout the day and write down thoughts and events as they come to me.

But it's not the same as this.

So here I am again. Since I last signed on, we've moved from Germantown, TN to Syracuse, NY to Baltimore to Kansas City.

For a time, it seemed like we were in a financial death spiral. Charlie went off to college in the fall of 2006. We've tried really hard to pay for the kids' school with cash and that plan went out the window! We sold our house in Germantown and rented in The Cuse. Then we bought a townhome north of Baltimore with our proceeds from the Southmoore Cove house and had to sell THAT just eleven months later in a sucky real estate market. Needless to say we didn't make money on that flip!

After I got fired from WMC I took a significant pay reduction when I accepted the ND gig at WSTM in Syracuse but it was a good opportunity for me to lick my wounds and work on Peggy 2.0. And so I did.

Now that we're in KC, the cost of living is more reasonable! For the first time in three years, I'm not always worried about money.

I had put this blog on the shelf and joined Facebook and Twitter. But I've missed it and so now, I'm back. For how long?

Who knows! I think I'll just see how it goes. And if blogging feels too much like shooting 3/4-inch video tape, I'll delete this and move on.

No comments: